Carrie Williams Howe, M.Ed, Ph.D
Curriculum Consultant, Facilitator, & Meeting Planner based in the Burlington, Vermont area, serving clients regionally as well as remotely.
I am a mission-driven professional excited to work with organizations who share a passion to make the world a better place. I use my strategic organizational, planning, and visioning skills to help you accomplish projects that move your organization or group forward.
At heart, I am an educator. I like to help people and organizations learn and develop to their full potential. I have spent more than 20 years in the higher education and nonprofit fields, and have facilitated challenging and exciting organizational change in many of those settings.
I am also a mother, entrepreneur, homesteader, and freelance writer. I bring all of those experiences to the table as a consultant because they help me to understand the variety of “hats” that every professional wears.
- Facilitative Leadership Training, Interaction Institute for Social Change
- Nonprofit Management Certificate, Common Good Vermont
- Mindfulness Facilitation (Teacher Training), Koru Mindfulness
- Teaching Effectively Online, Community College of Vermont
- Work on Purpose Facilitator Training, Echoing Green
- Blogging & Social Media Training (Elite Blogging Academy, Stupid Simple Search Engine Optimization Training)
- PhD in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies (with a focus on adult learning and college teaching), University of Vermont, 2013
- M.Ed in Higher Education & Student Affairs, University of Vermont, 2004
- BA in English, Middlebury College, 2000
Visit my LinkedIn page to learn more about my background and experience, including links to past projects and client recommendations.
Want to learn more about me and my perspective on work? Check out this Podcast from Eileen Wildman’s series, Flying or Flailing in which I talk about the development of my consulting business, my professional identity, and the mix of projects I enjoy.